Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Opening Day

Granted, I am about two weeks behind schedule, but for all intents and purposes, today is my Opening Day. From the last day of the 2007 season, I began looking forward to the first game at Dodd Stadium in 2008. Prior commitments kept me away until today, and I am giddy to be back at the stadium.

The weather is nice and the team has been competitive thus far. The slew of one-run losses tells you the Defenders are close to putting everything together. This is the minors, so they get the luxury of working on things.

It was good getting back into the swing of things, chatting with GM Charlie Dowd or catching with the gang in the pressbox or shooting the breeze with Simon Klink and Trey Webb.

Hopefully you, the fan, will have as much fun this season as I have covering this team.

No comments: